Thursday, August 04, 2005

Florida Woman should be Grounded

A Florida woman attempted to open the cabin door of a United Airlines flight yesterday. The plane was cruising at 4,000 feet when she got out of her seat and tried to open the pressurized door. If opened, the plane would have plummeted to a bloody, horrible death over Seattle (we've all seen in the movies what happens when those doors are opened). The woman was persuaded by a flight attendant to return to her seat, and she was arrested upon arrival for "malicious mischief."

I'm not sure where to start with this story. Hearing of this news is particularly disturbing for a person like me who plays out potential crash scenarios in my head while flying...An idiot opening the cabin door is one of these scenarios. If I was on the plane, I would want an Air Marshall to shoot her on site, or at least tackle her to the ground and give her a backhand or two. But instead, the flight attendant "persuaded" the woman verbally. This is unacceptable...Unless this dunce was some sort of beast (like the basketball player pictured right) she should have been manhandled. Additionally, what she did was not "mischievous" it was downright awful and should be considered attempted murder. I don't care what kind of pills this lady was on, we're living in a post-September 11 world people! (this rationale works for everything). I can only hope that this individual is never let back on an airplane, or even allowed to drive a car with other people in it ever again. In fact, if I was the judge on this case I would sentence her to be tethered to her living room and forced to watch Montel for the rest of her life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home