Tuesday, July 26, 2005

USC Kicks me in the groin, twice.

When I was seventeen and applying to colleges, I really wanted to go to the University of Southern California. There was something about that catchy fight song and that lamo on a white horse and silly helmet that had me itching to hand the school six figures for an undergraduate education. The fact that it is located in South Central LA also made it an attractive choice because I figured that if I I went there I would finally be able increase my street cred (the dew rag I wore junior year didn't do the trick). So, when I got the thin envelope from the school in Spring of 2001, I was pretty disappointed. I got over it, went to a school with a similar acronym and have grown to be the amazing man I am today.

That being said, it was a little weird to open my mail box yesterday and see another thin envelope from USC. I thought it might have been a cruel Trojan tradition; reject applicants for a second time, four years later, just to make sure that the rejects know that they weren't good enough. I opened the envelope to find that not only was I still not invited to attend their school, but that a hacker had infiltrated their website, and could have had access to my name and social security number. They apologized and recommend that I keep an eye on my credit report. I guess it's been in the news, and there is an article about it here. My question for these fucktards is why, after over four years have passed, do they have my name and social security number on their website?!! I am very pro-internets and technology and all, but this just doesn't make sense to me. I'm just dying to get notice of a class action lawsuit for the school's negligence. Then I will have the last laugh...and some major street cred, because we all know that nothing is tougher than class-act litigation.

3 Comments:

At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I received the same letter from USC. Damn Trojans can't keep their shit together. Sign me up for that class action of yours, and we can start an SCU v USC ass-whooping contest.

 
At 4:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Pick, I'm intimidated. Don't know the protocol. Am I a blogger, an "other" or "anonymous"? Not sure what username or password. Is this part of my yahoo email account, IM account, "other"?

Sorry about your SS#. Please transfer assets to my SS# and get yourself a new one.

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Will said...

Well it looks like you're "anonymous" since that's what it says above your comment. Don't be intimidated. I designed this to be a friendly environment where all are accepted and welcome...even the computer illiterate. Your offer for a SS# swap sounds very attractive, I'll run it by my TD Waterhouse guy and get back to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home