Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Napster Takes a Crapster

Much to the chagrin of dorm room DJs across the nation, yesterday's Supreme Court ruling declared that the firms behind file sharing programs like Grockster and Morpheus can be sued for copyright violations. While I'm not sure if the precedent established in the case is a good thing, I think it is time young people realize what they are doing is wrong, and it is stealing.

I will admit, there was a time when I tried to justify the use of file sharing programs to download copyrighted music, but there was also a time when I thought Capri Suns were the bees knees. But really, let's call a spade a spade, and a crime a crime. Not many of today's broadband bandits would dare walk into Best Buy and walk out of it with a stolen R. Kelly album or a copy of Beetlejuice on DVD. So how does doing the same thing from the comfort of your ergonomic desk chair make it acceptable? It doesn't you little nerdy thieves, so stop downloading, and make like you're from the mid-90s and pay for your movies and music.

P.S. I still think that guy Lars from Metallica was a douche for trying to shut down Napster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home