Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Tales from the Gitmo

Findings from a military investigation detailing multiple cases of abuse at the U.S. detention center at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba were made available to members of the Senate Armed Forces Committee today. According to CNN.com, the report cites an incident when "Female interrogators inappropriately touched detainees, including rubbing perfume on one and massaging another's back." I understand why this form of abuse has not received much public attention. In fact, some American men would pay good money for this torture tactic. However, I'm not sure if America should turn a blind eye toward an incident when a "woman smeared what she described as menstrual blood -- it was fake -- on a prisoner." This tactic is just downright horrible, but what may be worse is that the abuse report "recommended no further action on the (menstral blood) allegation because it happened some time ago." I guess our government feels that a little time heals all wounds, even those caused by fake menstral blood...I wish the victim of my menstral blood-related April fools joke felt the same way (my boss still refuses to talk to me.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home