Thursday, July 07, 2005

Nobody wants to eat your finger


A Louisiana resident filed a lawsuit against Applebee's restaurant last week for serving some unexpected finger food. It seems that a small chunk of an employee's finger made it's way into her salad, hence the "finger food" joke...God I'm feeling hilarious today.

This is the third time in the past six months that severed appendages have made their way into the news. First was the crazy lady who smeared the name of Dave Thomas (may he rest in peace) by planting a finger in her Wendy's chili, and then there was some other yahoo who found a finger in his custard. This third incident makes me wonder about the hazards, and lack of emotion in the food preparation industry. I imagine that if I lost my finger while making a chicken salad for minimum wage at Applebee's, I would flip out. I would frantically run into the dining area, screaming and spewing blood on the chochkees that fill the walls. All patrons would be disgusted, the restaurant would close, my finger would be re-attached and the salad would be thrown away. But for the fingers to actually make their way into the food makes me think that the people losing their digits aren't making much of a fuss. So, please food preparers of the world, if you lose your finger in a salad or some custard (am I the only one who has no idea where you could buy something like this?) please give your manager a heads-up. As much as some people would like to sue a franchise blind for almost eating part of your body, I think it's best if the situation is avoided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home