Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Snoop officially loses street cred


This Saturday Calvin Broadus, also known as Snoop Dogg, will appear in a Chrysler commercial with former Chrysler CEO Lee Iacocca. Snoop will peddle the car manufacturer's new employee discount while riding alongside the geriatric Iacocca in a golf cart with spinning chrome wheels. Chrysler adds to the monumental list of products Mr. Snoop has chosen to endorse.

Am I the only one who thinks it's a little hard to remain "gangsta" while hawking satellite radios, burgers, cell phones, and video games? I remember the good old days of the Gin and Juice video when Snoop kinda scared me. Something about the blurred pot leaf hat, his stoic face, and all of those forty ounces in the fridge would make me think twice about approaching the man on the street. But now even my mom knows that he spells his name "D-O double G" and when I asked my grandpa if he liked the sweater I gave him for Christmas, he said "fo-shizzle." I still wouldn't approach Snoop on the street, but not because I'd be afraid of getting capped in the knee. I wouldn't want to talk to him because I would have to listen to him tell me that P.T. Cruisers are the best "carizzles" and that my cell phone provider is "whackizzle." This guy's blog blames Snoop's inability to turn down an endorsement deal on his agent. Either way, if you run out and buy a crappy Chrysler because Snoop endorses them, you will not be a thug, you will be is a P.T. Loser. (that one will never get old)

1 Comments:

At 5:04 PM, Blogger Will said...

Hilarious...almost makes me want to drink an AMP energy drink, but nothing beats the Fuze.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home