Monday, March 06, 2006

Gov Rounds caves to coat hanger lobby


(Rounds: extremely tan, and wants you to have your rapist's baby)

As if John Thune wasn't reason enough to hate the state, South Dakota Governor Mike Rounds signed a bill outlawing abortions in South Dakota. The law restricts abortions even in extreme cases involving rape and incest. After signing the bill, the Governor justified his actions by saying, "In the history of the world, the true test of a civilization is how well people treat the most vulnerable and most helpless in their society." Think what you want about abortion, but I'm not sure if we would pass our "true test of civilization" if we don't consider victims of rape and incest among the most vulnerable. I dunno, I think it might be a little awkward to give birth to my father's kid, but I'm old fashioned. Supporters hope that the blatantly unconstitutional law will make it's way to the Supreme Court and forcing the reconsideration of the landmark Roe V. Wade case.

In brighter news, at least you don't look like this guy. I guess years of partying really does turn you into Skeletor.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home