Friday, November 04, 2005

Tupac gets props from Congress

Tupac Shakur's gangster rap songs were filled with cryptic messages alluding to his imminent death, and his songs constantly voiced his desire to be remembered after his life. I would say that for the most part his wishes have come true. "Thug Life" posters fill dorm rooms, xxxl t-shirts are airbrushed with his likeness, I've seen a few 2pac tattoos, and even my mom can bust out a few lines of "Picture me rollin." So, just when I thought Tupac couldn't get more shout outs (oh yeah, I am hip with hip hop lingo), Georgia's Democratic Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney introduced H.R. 4210-To provide for the expeditious disclosure of records relevant to the life and death of Tupac Amaru Shakur.


(pictured: Tupac praying that the House of Representatives will recognize his hot tracks like "I get around" and "fuck the world")


Sorry folks, this isn't a joke. Yesterday, McKinney introduced a Tupac bill aimed at disclosing records of some sort. No press release is available about the nature of the bill, but I recommend that you call Cynthia McKinney's DC office and ask for more information, at (202) 226-0691. Specifically, I would ask for a staffer by the name of Seema Kareemi, a graduate of Palo Alto High School, who is most likely responsible for this amazing use of taxpayer funds. I would probably ask why, of all issues the Congresswoman could champion, she has chosen to advocate for a dead, convicted rapist. Don't get me wrong, I loved the guy's music, but if I was elected to Congress I would hope I had some better things to do...like disclose the records relevant to the life and death of Elvis Presley and the guy who played MacGuyver (he's dead right?).

3 Comments:

At 10:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"...And though, Congress don't want us to progress our step,
Stay thugged out, keep it movin..."

Is this excerpt a line taken from the lyrics of 2pac's "Livin on E" or a posthumous memo he wrote to Cynthia McKinney? You choose.

 
At 3:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

CORRECTION!!! Richard Dean Anderson the man who portayed, MacGuyver on the small screen is alive and well. He spends his time trying to use a paper clip and a stick of gum to fashion a gadget that will save his career.

 
At 5:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Nat... Willis, how dare you suggest that R.D.A. is dead! He's alive not only in real life, but also my heart.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home