Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Is it hard out here for a pimp? The Academy thinks so

I took a big step toward ending my prolific blogging career today. Yes, I started a new job. It remains to be seen if leaving DHS and being forced to actually be productive at work will kill Pick's Post. Maybe I will blog on my own time? I don't know, it didn't seem to work for Loosh, who hasn't posted anything since November. Not blogging on the government's dime definitely isn't as sexy.

Cindy Sheehan was booted from the SOTU last night for wearing a shirt that illustrated the number of US casualties in Iraq. Sheehan was Representative Lynn Woolsey's guest at the address, and Woolsey released this statement in defense of Sheehan. Like Woolsey, I don't understand why Sheehan was removed from the House floor last night. I mean so what if she was wearing a t-shirt? She was still exhibiting more fashion sense than Secretary of Education Margaret "I love hot pink" Spellings. (Spellings is pretty tough to spot in the photo below)



Republicans seem to be getting real tough on lobbying these days. Today they introduced legislation that would ban former Members of Congress-turned lobbyists from using the House gymnasium. This proposed legislation received criticism from Nacy Pelosi who sarcastically stated that she doesn't even know where the gym is. So wait a second...you're telling me Pelosi's painfully tight facial skin isn't the product of tireless hours on a treadmill? I am shocked.

The nominees for the Academy Awards have been announced. Sorry if this is not breaking news. My excuse if this is old news? I like girls (sarcastic homophobia). I think I am most excited about the performance of the song titled "It's hard out here for a pimp" which was nominated for best song from the movie Hustle and Flow. I am not just excited because the word pimp is in the title, but also because the song will be performed by legendary crooners Burt Bacharach and Neil Diamond. Am I the first person to use the word "crooner" outside the context of a game of Trivial Pursuit?

1 Comments:

At 8:37 PM, Blogger Luke said...

Don't give up the blog, you sexy west coast kitten. The internet needs you.

Thanks for the disparaging reference, I needed the motivation...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home